Exercises You Can Do While You’re Still in Bed
Part 4 of a 4-part Series: “The Importance of Exercise in Chiropractic Therapy”
Before getting up in the morning, do the following combination of exercises while lying in bed. This chiropractic care will benefit your spine by warming up your muscles before you have to use them. It will not only get your day off to a vibrant start but will also excuse you from the excuse, “I don’t have time to exercise.”
Do the following routine slowly. These exercises will stretch your low back and thigh muscles to allow greater comfort and pain management on arising to weight-bearing posture.
1) Pull your knees to your chest, and hold for a slow count of four. Repeat 6 times.
2) Hold your right leg behind the knee to stretch the hamstrings. Keep the knee straight. Hold for a slow count of four. Repeat 6 times.
3) Hold your left leg behind the knee to stretch the hamstrings. Keep the knee straight. Hold for a slow count of four. Repeat 6 times.
4) Then slowly get out of bed by:
- rolling to your side
- rising up on one elbow
- swinging your legs off the side of the bed
- pushing up to a sitting position
- slowing rising, using your leg muscles to stand
- and moving ahead into your morning slowly and purposefully
These are just a few ways to help your ease any back pain you may have and will get your day started the right way. If you need more chiropractic care, then give Total Chiropractic Care & Wellness a call at (631) 447-2200 or fill out our contact form today.