Accidents happen. Whether it’s from a car accident, workplace injury, sports injury, or from any other setting, Total Chiropractic Care and Wellness can treat accident-related pain and discomfort. Dr. Todd Goldman specializes in accident and injury chiropractic care and drug-free accident injury pain management. If you have been injured in an accident, Dr. Goldman can perform a thorough examination, diagnose any underlying issues, and treat your injuries with a holistic approach to chiropractic care.
Chiropractic Care for Car Accident Injuries
Injuries from automobile accidents range from minor aches and pains to severe injuries requiring long-term rehabilitation and pain management. The sudden force from an accident can cause whiplash, back pain, joint injuries, and more. Chiropractic care is an effective pain relief treatment for all levels of severity. Dr. Goldman works with patients to assess their injuries and determine the best course of action to address them.
Common Auto Accident Injuries We Treat
- Whiplash: Whiplash is the most common injury in a car crash. It usually occurs when one’s vehicle is struck from behind. The impact forces the neck and head to move forward and back rapidly. [what whiplash does to the body]
- Middle and lower back pain: A wide variety of injuries to the back may result from the sudden force hitting a vehicle.
- Joint injuries: Automobile accidents frequently cause injuries to the bones, ligaments, or tissues.
Chiropractic Care for Sports Accident Injuries
Sports injuries also respond well to chiropractic treatment. We treat sports injuries with a multidisciplinary approach to chiropractic care, helping patients address chronic pain from previous injuries and advising athletes on how to prevent future injuries.
Common Sports Injuries We Treat
- Sprains: Ligaments are fibrous bands of tissue connecting two bones. A sprain occurs when ligaments are overstretched or torn. Sprains range from mild to severe, with some requiring long-term rehab. Ankles, knees, wrists, and thumbs are the most likely locations for sprains to occur.
- Strains: A strain is when a muscle or tendon is injured. Tendons are bands of tissue that attach a muscle to a bone. Strains range from minor stretched or “pulled” muscles to a complete tear. Strains occur most frequently in the lower back and hamstring areas.
- Joint dislocations: Sports-related trauma can cause joints like shoulders, elbows, and knees to pop out of place. These injuries may require rehabilitation and long-term care to prevent re-injury. Once a dislocation has occurred, that joint has a greater chance of dislocating again in the future. Chiropractic care can speed healing, address pain, and reduce the likelihood of future dislocations.
Chiropractic Care for Work-related Accident Injuries
Workplace injuries occur from spending too much time at a desk, heavy or improper lifting, repetitive motion, falls, and many other causes.
Common Work-Related Injuries We Treat
- Neck and back pain: Back and neck pain can arise from sitting too long at a desk, especially with improper posture. Those whose jobs require staying in a single position for extended periods or lifting heavy objects may also experience neck and back pain.
- Arm and hand pain: From the hands to the shoulders, arms are particularly vulnerable to repetitive strain injuries (RSI). Repeated use can cause pain, stiffness, tingling, and other symptoms.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve in the wrist is compressed, usually through repetitive motion or working on a computer.
Accident Injury Patients Find Relief with Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is a safe, cost-effective way to treat pain from accident-related injuries. It is a beneficial alternative for those who do not wish to undergo surgery or other invasive procedures.
Total Chiropractic Care and Wellness Can Help Treat Accident Injuries
If you are living with pain from an accident injury, Total Chiropractic Care and Wellness is here to help. Chiropractic care offers a wide range of solutions to address your pain and to help restore your range of movement and functionality after an accident. We look forward to aiding you in your recovery at our Medford, NY, office. Call (631) 447-2299 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment.