Some injuries require physical therapy in addition to chiropractic treatment and Total Chiropractic Care and Wellness can provide full recovery services. If your injury or medical condition is affecting your normal ability to function and move, physical therapy can help you get back to normal.
While chiropractic care treats the actual cause of the injury, physical therapy affects the symptoms and the results caused by the injury or illness, such as stiffness and limited range of motion. “Blueprint” exercises can correct problems and help restore proper movement.
By working with a physical therapist to create a customized plan, a person can avoid further injury and continue their normal activities and lifestyle.
Benefits of Physical Therapy
- Decreasing or Eliminating Pain. Building strength and moving the right way can correct or improve many injuries.
- Avoiding Surgery. In many cases, physical therapy can help heal injuries, eliminating the need for surgery. If surgery is still necessary, physical therapy before the surgery can improve results.
- Improving Mobility and Balance. Strength and flexibility training can minimize the need for canes or crutches and improve motion, lowering the risk of falls or injury. As people age, this becomes even more important and can keep seniors healthy.
- Recovering From a Stroke.Physical therapy can help strengthen areas weakened by a stroke, possibly enabling them to return to normal activities and regain their independence.
- Preventing Sports Injuries. Learning how to move properly and strengthening exercises can improve performance safety.
- Treating Diabetic and Vascular Conditions. Some studies indicate that exercise can stabilize blood sugar levels and improve the vascular system, which may prevent diabetes-related conditions.
- Managing Heart and Lung Conditions. Physical therapy can be part of cardiac and/or respiratory rehabilitation after certain procedures or a heart attack to strengthen and condition heart function and breathing.
Physical Therapy From Total Chiro in Medford
At our Medford office, we can set you up with a physical therapist to help ease your pain, gain optimal function, and avoid any future injuries. If you think physical therapy could benefit you, contact us online or call our Total Chiropractic Care & Wellness at (631) 215-3825.